Saturday, January 25, 2014

Seating or sofa. How to call it? What is that?

I am thinking about softness and coziness that you can assemble with cushions and textiles. Multiple items. Passel like. I dont know if I can call it a sofa. Maybe its a seat.

First I have to create visual identity of the new nomads. What is their environment? Their activity? What kind of objects surround them? The seating have to emphasize their identity. They have to recognize themselves in the seating. This factor creates more attachment.
From there I can think about three levels of design (visceral, behavioral and reflective) and what I should include in design of each level. 


I was browsing and found some pictures of seats, sofas that I like. They inspire me with shapes, flexibility, the way that textile designed, how 2d becomes 3d and so on.



2 comments: